This Photo Of A Monkey Looks So Heartbreaking, But Here’s What’s Really Going On

At the point when picture taker Avinash Lodhi went over a gathering of monkeys in Jabalphur, India, he chose to sit down on the ground and watch what they were doing.

He likewise needed to snap some photographs in the expectations of acquiring a couple of extraordinary shots, however he most likely had no clue that he’d catch a truly capable picture of what seems, by all accounts, to be a mother monkey holding her fallen infant. “It was so snappy I didn’t comprehend what was going on when I took the photo yet when I affirmed the picture I was quiet for 60 minutes,” he said. “This minute is uncommon, particularly with creatures.”

While this resembles a shattered mother moaning and gripping her dead posterity, Lodhi says the child had recently stumbled and fallen, then got up rapidly after the photograph was taken.

It’s definitely possible that the monkey may have felt worry, but we should also remember not to anthropomorphize animal behavior too much because it isn’t always what it appears to be. Either way, be sure to share this photo if seeing it hit you right in the feels.