iPads Are Great For Calming Kids Down, But Could They Cause Problems Down The Road?

Whenever Mommy and Daddy require some great out-dated alone time or a little peace and calm, giving the kiddos a tablet or cell phone appears like a safe, viable methodology.

This new-wave child rearing hack may not be generationally attempted and genuine at this time, but rather it works. We frequently joke that sitting before the TV for a considerable length of time is decaying their brains, however could driving innovation onto our kids truly be hurting their development and improvement? As indicated by another review, an expansion in screen time may directly affect your tyke’s discourse advancement.

As per the review directed by pediatrician Dr. Catherine Birkin, there might be a connection between’s the measure of screen time youngsters get and the likelihood of correspondence issues down the line.

.

Today, almost 40 percent of children under the age of two use some form of mobile device, a nearly 30 percent boost from 2011.

About 900 children were tracked as part of the study, which focused on recording the amount time they spent in front of their parents’ devices.

About 900 children were tracked as part of the study, which focused on recording the amount time they spent in front of their parents' devices.

Their language development was then assessed using an infant-toddler checklist which checked behaviors like the ability to form sounds and words.

On average, 20 percent of the children studied spent 28 minutes a day staring at screens.

For every 300-minute increase in daily screen time, researchers noticed a 49-percent increase in what they’re calling “expressive speech delay.”

For every 300-minute increase in daily screen time, researchers noticed a 49-percent increase in what they’re calling "expressive speech delay."

The study was not geared at other forms of communication such as gestures and social interaction.

The study was not geared at other forms of communication such as gestures and social interaction.

That said, more research is required to draw any definitive conclusions.

That said, more research is required to draw any definitive conclusions.

With mobile phones and other electronic devices everywhere we look, it’s important that we really understand how kids interact with them. If you found this helpful, be sure to share it with the other parents in your life!